68th ARMORED INFANTRY BATTALION 14th ARMORED DIVISION

Associate Group: First Special Service Force, 6th CO, 3rd REG and the 6th Corps living History Group, St Louis, MO

Battalion S-2

Forum Home > General Discussion > AAR Camp Clark, Navada Mo

Capt. Wilke
Administrator

Again,  this has to be one of the best event in the mid-west.  Dave Hraska and his group have  put on another grand weekend.  This event is where true hard core reenactors go to see what it's like to be a real soldier for a day.  No or little vehicles are used at the event.  You will put miles on those new boots and sleep like a rock when the event is over.  And, if you don't like it, you don't have to come back and you can tell your momie about it...

Like any good event you start with a good clean no B.S. registration.  At that time your are given G.I script to buy food and drinks at the post P/X.  So you get some candy and craker jacks before you even start the event.  Your assinged a bunk and that's where you spend the night.  In the morning the lights get turned on at 0600 and you start your day.  It's get you uniform and equipment on and get yourself ready for a long day of battle and shooting.

Next is the safety and aunthicity inspection and brief.  Now start marching and get to the drop off point that's about a mile away.  Great morning battle.  By the way, my group was assinged to fight with the Russian Para guy's ( Robert Linewebers group).  I've been wanting to do that since I met Dima.What a great bunch to run with.

At the end of the 2nd battle the Thompson went down with broked gun parts.  I finished the reenactment with a russian Nagant pistol and hand gernade.  It turned out that I had 4 German kills with the pistol and 2 vehicles hits with the gernade.  Not to bad if I may say so myself...

So, if you think you want to be a soldier that has to hump all his stuff all day and are man enough to be a real soldier for the day, you need to do this event,  The event seperated the men from the boys. The event is fluid and is ran very well.  MAKE IT A POINT TO DO THIS BATTLE AT LEAST ONCE.

Scott Wilke

January 20, 2014 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.