68th ARMORED INFANTRY BATTALION 14th ARMORED DIVISION

Associate Group: First Special Service Force, 6th CO, 3rd REG and the 6th Corps living History Group, St Louis, MO

Battalion S-2

Forum Home > General Discussion > Way to close

Rich Schafer

I was looking on the internet for some pictures and stumbled onto some from WWIIWe last year.  Luckily none of us are involved with this picture, but it should be a warning on what not to do.  At least one of these guys are, in my opinion, way to close to the Stuart.

--

Rich

Motor Pool Sergeant

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.  -- Edmund Burke

/www.odfever.com/

January 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Wilke
Administrator

Nice photo Rich.

In this photo it looks like Ranger A.J on the right side and another Ranger on the other side.. Way to close for there own good. I hope nothing like the tank moving to quick and one or both of those guy's get smuched.. This is another good reason to train around the vehicles that we us and are around. It just takes one time for something to go wrong and that would be the end of J.B.

Stay at least 5-10 feet away from tanks and tracked vehicles...They are unforgiving if you get caught in the tracks..

--
January 11, 2011 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Wilke
Administrator

Another thing I noticed about this photo is that the bow gunner/Asst. drivers hatch is open.. Sure hope the turret doesn't have to turn to the right real hard.. If so, good bye hatch.

January 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.