68th ARMORED INFANTRY BATTALION 14th ARMORED DIVISION

Associate Group: First Special Service Force, 6th CO, 3rd REG and the 6th Corps living History Group, St Louis, MO

Battalion S-2

Forum Home > After Action Reports > MVPA Convention

Capt. Wilke
Administrator

This was my first MVPA Convention. I must say it was everything I thought it could be and more. I never thought I would see so many different things. Not only was there military vehicle part of all kinds,  but all kinds of militeria. There was everything from jeep tires to Thompson parts. I've been a member of the MVPA for several years and had never thought much about the convention. Along with all the cool vehicles that were on display the vending was great. Papajoad thought it was better than the S.O.S. I don't know about that but I had a great time.

What could make this event better than a convoy down to the LST-325. We took one of the 14th Recreations groups CCKW down to see the ventage LST and were promised a ride on a LVT. That fell thru but the ride was alot of fun.

After a quick walk thru all the venders I bought some jeep parts from Peter De Bella. I know I saved over $80.00 in shipping. This was great for me.

Sorry to say that the Illinois State police weren't to knid to Lt Brown.  I want to thank everyone from the 68th Armored Inf  Bn for attending. They are, myself, Sean Burton, Gary Adkins, Craig Brown, Jon Shoop, Mike Penny and  Rich Schaffer.

Capt. Wilke

August 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich Schafer

The pictures I took can be found on my website, under the galleries and in the MVPA Convention section.

http://www.odfever.com/folly/Galleries/MVPA_2009/MVPA_2009.htm

--

Rich

Motor Pool Sergeant

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.  -- Edmund Burke

/www.odfever.com/

August 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rich Schafer

I just got an email from Mike Penney and felt like passing it along.

Hi Rich,

Guess what! The MVPA HQ called Friday and said I DID win 1st Place Restored Class, 3/4 ton, WWII. She apologized and said she did not know how they had missed letting me know. She stated they had even taken a picture of the ambulance as a 1st Place winner but failed to notify me. She said the picture will be in next issue of Supply Line!

Congratulations!

--

Rich

Motor Pool Sergeant

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.  -- Edmund Burke

/www.odfever.com/

October 4, 2009 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.