68th ARMORED INFANTRY BATTALION 14th ARMORED DIVISION

Associate Group: First Special Service Force, 6th CO, 3rd REG and the 6th Corps living History Group, St Louis, MO

Battalion S-2

Forum Home > After Action Reports > AAR: Christmas at the Barracks, Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis, MO

14th Armor
Site Owner

AAR: Christmas at the Barracks, 4-6 December 2009, Jefferson Barracks, St. Louis, MO

20th Century G.I. has now hosted Christmas at the Barracks for the 4th year, and it was another success! We had around 40 local re-enactors attend with members from the First Special Service Force, 14th Armor, 2nd Rangers, 29th ID, Russians, British, Germans, U.S. Army Air Corps and others.

Displays were provided by S/SGT Adkins of the First Special Service Force which included an indoor and outdoore Mountain display and a St. Louis Civil Defense display. There was plenty of food which included some excelant Chile, soup, beef stew, Chile cheese dip, hot dogs, brownies, cookies, chips, and a lot more, if you went home hungry it was not our fault.

Sparky provided the old real to real movies and pops provided the holiday music and the game table with G.I. checkers and cards was available. Several of the 2nd Rangers, First Special Service Force and the Soviets provided re-enactors for the Friends of Jefferson Barracks fund raiser dinner in which we do the Equipment and Uniforms presentation.

I started setting up and arranging the Historic buildings on Friday Afternoon, it took 5 trips with my station wagon to bring in all of the tables, chairs and displays stuff. Pops and Sparky provided more chairs, tables and movies with projector, and I'm still washing the table cloths as of this writing.

The labours House and the Barn were available for camping as well as the grounds around the historic buildings. I spent Friday night and Saturday night in the labours House along with 4 other re-enactors, yes the house is haunted, but there was no activity during our stay.

I for one am looking forward to next year and i hope to see you there.

papajoad

--
December 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.